Wednesday, January 05, 2005

let the procrastination begin.

I've got this huge headache. I don't know if it stems from the absence of caffeine or my teaching schedule. I teach five straight classes before my off-period. I prefer this schedule but by sixth period I usually have a headache. Ouch.

I'm also hungry. My little microwavable SmartOnes doesn't fill me up. Today I rummaged through my purse and found a few sticky coins, enough to buy some 50 cent cheese crackers. I was a nickle short of those chocoloate chip cookies.

Enough complaining. What I need to do is get off my ass and finish my lesson plans for the week. I surfed the web for more comprehensive definitions for my sociology class. I need to get material for collages. Glue. I need glue. I need articles about monarchs for my history class. And then it's always important to blog about menial crap rather than prepare for tomorrow. Oh God.

It's funny how the kids are the same after Christmas. I feel like I've changed, I've made resolutions (I'm probably fooling myself). But the whiny ones remain whiny, the testy are still testy...or hyper, messy, rapping, singing, sleepy, sweaty, hormonal, moody.... They're still 15 year olds. And I'm still their teacher.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home