Friday, January 07, 2005

NKOTB

I've got this new breed of kids in my sociology class: APers. On Day One the first question asked was, "Is this an AP class?" It's not. AP kids are needy in a more obvious way, they're pseudo-pretentious (because they usually don't know enough to actually be pretentious), they're super chatty and hyper. The biggest change I've noticed in the AP kids is that they are way more dramaaatic. Today this little girl runs up to me and cries, "Ms., I reaaallly need some gum. Do you have gum? I have this icky taste in my mouth because I haven't eaten anything and it's imperative that I get gum. I'm simply going to die if I don't get it. Do you have any?" Was I about to waste my Trident White on her? I think not. I don't even know this kid. It's the fourth day of school.
The AP kids make me laugh and I can tell the quality of our classroom discussions is going to skyrocket. But don't worry Thugs de la Dirty South, I still have a place for you in my heart. I always will.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home