Saturday, February 19, 2005

fun with books

Taken from A History Teacher.

1. Grab the nearest book.
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the text of the sentence in your journal along with these instructions.
5. Don’t search around and look for the “coolest” book you can find. Do what’s actually next to you.

The book nearest me is actually a photography book, Women, by Annie Leibovitz and Susan Sontag. But the second nearest book is Historical Atlas of Islam by Malise Ruthven. Page 123 falls under the subtitle, "Muslim Minorities in China." Here is my tantalizing fifth sentence:

Though all Muslim groups were persecuted during Mao Zedong's Cultural Revolution (1966-1976) with at least one major massacre of Hui in the wake of an uprising in Yunnan, state patronage of the Yiewanis has persisted under the more relaxed climate that followed the accession of Deng Xiaoping.

I've been reading this book to guide me through a study group that I'm involved with for the district. I'm still within the first 50 pages and my study group is currently discussing the Moors in Spain. So needless to say, I'm not too familiar with the content discussed on page 123.

2 Comments:

Anonymous new developments in electronic publishing said...

powerful WYSIWYG Text Editor
import pre-recorded voice or music file

4:21 PM  
Anonymous 4 said...

http://69.44.15.87/deadeasy-ebook-software.htm

2:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home