Thursday, May 12, 2005

Attention Students!

Our first final will arrive with a menacing presence in exactly one week. You still have time to turn in work for the late grade of 50. However, you may NOT make up work if you meet the conditions below:

1. You have not attended my class in literally two months.
2. You have a zero. Even if you complete 18 assignments with grades of 50, you will still fail. Especially since you flunked the test and chose not to re-do it.

Please do not get your mom, your aunt, dad, cousin, sister, or best friend to contact me. Feel free to get your counselor to call me, because when I explain the situation she/he will most likely side with me.

If you are a senior, you may get exempt from your final if you meet the district requirements. You may NOT, however,

1. scream and cuss when you realize you have too many absences
2. try to bribe me to change the grade
3. ask me to sign off for volunteer make-up hours that you didn't do

You may threaten that you are "not going to take the final anyway" because I find it hilarious that you are willing to jeopardize your graduation status because of an elective.

I'm lying. I don't find it hilarious. I find it ludicrous.

4 Comments:

Blogger Fred said...

LOL. Great blog. I also teach (World History, AP Comparative and Government, Economics) and my kids were not only taking AP exams this week, but they were running around with exam exemption forms. Comical. Mind if I link to you?

4:02 PM  
Blogger Mad Hatter said...

don't mind at all. :)

7:11 PM  
Blogger MommyProf said...

How frustratin! But, I bet it happens every year. If only there was a "maturity mickey" you could slip them sometime...

6:44 AM  
Blogger MommyProf said...

g

6:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home