Wednesday, May 18, 2005

blurbs

My local news service receives an F to the highest power. They're newest schtick is to send a stranger into a school to see if the school "cares enough" to catch the stranger before he commits an "atrocity" on the campus.

................

I'm so tired. I've been teaching with crutches and a caste since February. I just found out that I will need my cast for a least two more months. It sucks. It's exhausting. I'm at a loss.

................

I'm going to miss my kids. They have been driving me crazy but cracking me up in the past few days. They say some of the funniest things. I wish I could fit Danielle into a small bottle and send her your way so you can hear her raucous laughter. She's all personality... which is why she needs make an 85 on the final to pass for the year. I've been giving lots of motivational speeches this week. Call me Coach Hatter.

At the same time, my kids are draining me of every single drop of emotion. I'll be sucked dry and parched by next week. I need to learn to detach and let go. Which is a very difficult lesson to learn.

..............

After reading one of A Contar's recent blogs, I began to think about blogging. Blogging is strange. I write as though someone out there is reading my blogs, but I'm always shocked when people comment. Is someone really reading this? A Contar also introduced me to statcounter.com, which is FREAKING MY SHIT OUT. Do I need to start blogging about interesting shit, or mind my Ps and Qs? As Monique would say: Uh, hell to tha NO!

I'm a very opinionated person but I don't share lots of personal stuff on the web. (Did I mentioned I'm paranoid?) I try not to write about co-workers, even if they piss me off. I'm a strong believer in professionalism and I don't gossip at work. But I'm just scared to gossip or rant on the internet. (Note: this is in no way passing judgement on those who do talk about their co-workers. In fact, your blogs are more interesting to read. lol). I'm rambling about stupid shit. And that brings me to my third thought for the night: communication. I started blogging because no one would listen to me rant about my day. I had no teacher friends (only one in the process of becoming a teacher) and I was desperate for communication with the teacher world. It's been nice and affirming. I'm wasn't looking for lesson plans, more like commradary. Lord knows you need it in this job.

God. I have a litany of teen slang running through my head. Words race through my brain while I sit on my couch, faces popping up every once in a while. It's like they haunt you....
BOOYA!

4 Comments:

Blogger Pigs said...

You NEED someone to vent to. And if they don't teach, they don't understand!!!

5:36 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

Keep on venting! We're there with you, even if our teaching worlds are different. Use your blog in whatever way works best for you. If people don't like it, they have bad taste. I find that having a blogging teacher network has helped me feel much less isolated during my first year of teaching this year.

But I have to say, all you people who get summers off suck! (I'm royally jealous.) I won't have anywhere to turn in the blog world for venting teachers after I come home from a day of teaching! Oh well. I hope you all have enough fun to make up for the fun I won't be having! :)

11:10 PM  
Blogger Mad Hatter said...

i'm teaching summer school. so i'll be "here." :)

11:08 AM  
Blogger Fred said...

My students tried to help me with teen slang by pointing me to this site: http://www.urbandictionary.com

I learned quite a bit.

5:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home