Thursday, May 26, 2005

dorkdom

whew! school is out. i have the rest of today, tomorrow, and the weekend before i start back up. professional development calls (sounds more like screeching) and summer school begins. now that i don't have a gozillion things to do, i thought i'd answer my CHALLENGE. cuz i'm a hollaback girl. i must warn you that i'm a tad delirious because i just finished today. so, read on with caution. and only if you want to read my ramblings about my secret selves.

if I could be a scientist...If I could be a farmer...If I could be a musician...If I could be a doctor...If I could be a painter...If I could be a gardener...If I could be a missionary...If I could be a chef...If I could be an architect...If I could be a linguist...If I could be a psychologist...If I could be a librarian...If I could be an athlete...If I could be a lawyer...If I could be an inn-keeper...If I could be a professor...If I could be a writer...If I could be a llama-rider...If I could be a bonnie pirate...If I could be an astronaut...If I could be a world famous blogger...If I could be a justice on any one court in the world...If I could be married to any current famous political figure...

if i could be a doctor i would work in one of those clinics that serves the underserved. i'm serious, i really would. i always feel like i don't contribute enough and maybe i could give the gift of health. in reality, i abhor certain parts of the body, like scalps and spines, and i'm squeamish with other people's blood. my blood doesn't really gross me out, but when my students run to me with bleeding scabs and such i can't cope.

if i could be a professor....i'd be a bilingual, or trilingual, professor who teaches about women in latin american countries. my classes would address social policies, social histories, and economic policies that affect latin america with an emphasis on women. oh, and the relationship between the us and latin america would be important. and sometimes while teaching i'd just start speaking spanish but everyone would understand me. i'd have a small office decorated with native pictures and memorabilias from different south american countries. i'd be learning the mayan language on the side but i wouldn't tell people because i'd be very shy about my endeavor. my smaller classes would be discussion oriented with lots of papers. i'd grade my papers with a trademark colored pen that's chewed at the tip because i do have an oral fixation. and i'd be a really nice professor and not pretentious.

or, i'd be a professor who's totally into critical theory mixed with urban studies and diversity issues. i'd be kind of crazy (madhatterish) but only because i'd be brilliant (hey, it's my dream). i'd be one of those professors who has a million projects on the side but still, somehow, finds time for her students. i'd be very loving and have a robust laugh. my standards for my students would be very high. they'd read and write a lot...and take trips around the city to put theory into action.

if i could be an architect i'd be in charge of renovating old buildings in europe. and i'd get to stay in europe. a lot.

if i could be a judge or politician's wife (wife? i'd just be a politician) i'd have a lot to do. i'd be like the critical theory professor and the doctor, except i'd have the law and some political power on my side.

if i could be a painter i'd have awesome artwork on my walls and not this crap that i tacked up because i can't look at the bare off-white paint any longer. plus, i'd have a real artsy side and my apartment would actually look shabby sheik instead of just shabby. it's a slow process people.

t
his is the first non-education blog that i can remember in a long time. i hope i did this exercise appropriately. this reminds me of playing duck duck goose and spacing out so that when you get tagged you don't really realize it and you fuck the whole thing up. i have game issues. a contar, socialstudies, and open up my head, you're tagged if you're into procrastination and good clean fun.

1 Comments:

Blogger Megan said...

I will always take any reason to procrastinate! But, I have to procrastinate with my answers and do it tomorrow. Or, sometime later this weekend, if I can't think of answers. Thanks for the tag!

5:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home