Monday, May 16, 2005

let's review

This week my classes are reviewing for finals. I give them a written review and play a game on the last day. Is anyone willing to pay me a dollar for every time I say It's in your book? Because I could seriously retire on that money.

p.s. Other ways I direct kids to their textbook:

"Heard of an index?"
"See that thing that's green and kind of heavy? Yes..that thing! Look in there."
"Oh sure, it's on page 230934094."
"I'm sorry. Did I stamp (insert textbook title here) on my forehead? I could have sworn I'm a human being."
"I don't know. Maybe if you think hard enough the answer will come to you. Of course, you could always consult your book."

And my most used, "I don't know. What do you think? So..how might you find that answer?" (it's much more tame than the others).

It's not that I'm a cold hearted bitch. My kids are freaking lazy and think I'm an encyclopedia.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ms. H said...

Ugh, end of the year laziness.

Can they read the textbook? I'm curious because even though I work in an anti-textbook context, there have been plenty of times this year when I would have given a kidney to have a good textbook that my science students could read.

7:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home