Sunday, May 15, 2005

thoughts

Sometimes I wonder if there is a future in teaching. My dad says,"There will always be a need for teachers!" but I don't feel the job security. I'm tired of the public attacking teachers. I don't like that my job stipulations and payroll are contingent on politician's whims. I don't like that there isn't much of a job latter. The thing is, I love teaching and I can't see myself doing anything else. But sometimes I wish I could be content with a cubicle and an 9-5 schedule.

2 Comments:

Blogger Fred said...

I came from a cubicle. I came from a 9-5 (that often stretched to an 8-6.) There's no satisfaction in the corporate world anymore - they for the most part have lost their social conscience. Three years running now, and my friends are still waiting for me to go back. That won't happen. We belong here, with our students. Hang in there!

5:08 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

I couldn't agree with you more.

All of my friends are going into iBanking...and they could care less about other people. It is very sad.

We need more people in all areas that think like teachers....

2:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home